5 years ago if you were to mention dental x-ray sensor repair to someone they’d probably assume you meant sending your sensor in to the manufacturer for warranty work. If you were to ask a dentist or a new x-ray sensor sales rep what to do with a broken dental x-ray sensor they would have likely told you:
- Throw it away and buy a new x-ray sensor.
- Trade it in for a small credit (most times as low as $150) and buy a new x-ray sensor.
Dental x-ray sensor repair is fairly new to the dental industry. Introduced to the dental market by Sodium Dental in 2011 and since then have been helping dentists across the world with affordable solutions to broken x-ray sensors. Prior to Sodium Dental’s introduction in 2011 the only solution dentists had were to throw away their broken sensor and spend $8,000 – $10,000 on a new sensor.
Sure, there were occasional used sensors listed on eBay that dentists could purchase. They’d be taking a huge risk on a used x-ray sensor from an anonymous seller which could only last a few days. Who knows what kind of care was given to the used dental x-ray sensor prior to being listed on eBay.
The advent of dental x-ray sensor repair introduced an entirely new solution to dentists struggling with a broken dental x-ray sensor that was once worth over $8,000.
In only 5 short years Sodium Dental’s revolutionary dental x-ray sensor repair service has caused the used dental market to explode with options for dentists including:
- More quality refurbished dental x-ray sensor options available. Sold at affordable prices.
- Higher competitive trade in credits from sensor manufacturers. We’ve had customers receive up to $1,000 in trade in credit on a new sensor!!
- An affordable and quality option to having their dental x-ray sensor repair done right, at a low price, and warrantied for up to a year.
- Rental and lease options for a cost-effective option to outfitting your practice with dental x-ray sensors.
- Broken and “parts” category on eBay and other listing websites where dentists can now ask a premium for their broken dental x-ray sensors in hopes that other dentists will purchase for repair.
- Lower pricing from distributors on NEW dental x-ray sensors as these companies try to compete with the fact that there are more used and refurbished dental x-ray sensors lasting much longer than the original manufacturer anticipated.
Dental x-ray sensor repair introduces a whole new spectrum to the realm of digital x-ray sensors. Dental x-ray manufacturers are now trying to compete with lowered prices. Warranties on new sensors are now improving as OEM’s try to retain their customer base. Trade in credits are increasing as OEM’s try to motivate potential customers to purchase new sensors rather than have their sensor refurbished. Dentists all around the world are trying to sell their broken sensor at premium prices.
Sodium Dental was started on the basis that we want to educate dentists on technology so that you can make the best choices for your practice. We started our blog to provide free information to everyone in dental and we are proud to know that we’ve helped revolutionize the dental industry in a great way for everyone involved.